2.5

Actually a MINUS 1.Score.

. I disclosed my Medical History and clearly pointed out that I had Extensive Jaw Surgery. to Dr. Follmar.

during my Initial Consultation. Prior to my Extractions .. His Consultation Fee. includes a PANORAMIC X RAY Which HE NEVER performed.

YET. CHARGED me $ 125.00 for . He then performed the extractions a couple of days later and within a month I had Severe. pain and swelling.

in my left upper cheek area . He then performed the X Ray that He should have taken BEFORE Operating on me . The. X RAY.

revealed a Looped WIRE ( from previous Jaw Surgery) This LOOPED WIRE was being pushed into the Sinus cavity by this New Upper Denture . He certainly was surprised as I was . He told me that it had to be removed immediately. Which He should have FOUND and.

REMOVED this. WIRE during the Initial Extractions Surgery . He quickly took me to the Surgery Room and after cutting a big gash in my inside cheek and then He removed the wire and prescribed Antibiotics. At no time did he provide me a written nor verbal estimate prior to nor after removing this wire.

I believed that he realized that this was HIS MISTAKE because he failed to X Ray my Jaw . I left there in horrible Pain since the Upper Denture was pushing against the New Incision which took close to 3 months to Heal . One month after this Wire Removal I got a $ 471.00 . I questioned this Charge .

He took me to His Office and said that there were only MILLIMETERS of CLEARANCE between the WIRE and the Upper Denture Ridge and that he would not have necessarily recommended to remove the Wire it had he seen it Prior to the Surgery . I stated that He had an obligation to give me the Option . which I was not given. He then replied in a very agitated demeanor ".

THAT SOMEONE HAD TO PAY FOR THIS OFFICE TO BE OPEN ". to which I replied it should not be me since I live on SSI and that my Son was helping me Pay for this large expense.. and my Son would have questioned this charge based on the above circumstances. .

I paid the Total original Contract $ 2340.00 - minus the Xray. I completely complied with my Original signed Contract. DR. TROY FOLLMAR TURNED ME INTO COLLECTIONS.

He DID NOT take RESPONSIBILITY for HIS MISTAKE let alone HE charged me for an X Ray that was not done during the CONSULTATION First Office Visit . California Law requires that the Consumer has to be provided with a Written or Oral ESTIMATE PRIOR.

Services are Performed.There is NO INTEGRITY in Dr Troy Follmar's Office .

Review about: Follmar Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery Dentistry Doctor.

Reason of review: Charged $700.00. for HIS. MISTAKE .

Preferred solution: Remove Charge that I'm NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR.

Had an Experience with Follmar Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery?

Comments

San Jose, California, United States #1313751

I would contact the CA. Dental Board and Report him.